Saying he respects the voters of Kentucky but not the “inappropriate attacks” of his Democratic rival, Republican U.S. Senate nominee Rand Paul confirmed Friday that he will participate in a televised debate Monday night with Democratic candidate Jack Conway.[...]I'm glad to know that Rand Paul has manned up after attacking Jack Conway for "not manning up," something along those lines.
Paul did not release any further information about his statement and did not take questions from reporters. He did say he wanted to raise the debate “to a higher plane.”
Conway campaign spokesman John Collins said in an e-mail that “Jack will debate on Monday without any preconditions…”
“Rand has spent the last week hemming and hawing, demanding restrictions on what he’ll answer,” Collins said. “Instead of having another tirade, Rand should show up and face the voters.”
Friday, October 22, 2010
Rand Paul finds balls, will debate Conway
Rand Paul has decided to find his balls, which were missing in action over the past week, and has decided he will debate Jack Conway.