Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Message from Senator Wendell Ford

This was in an email blast sent out earlier today.

Dear Fellow Democrat,

President Bill Clinton and I fought long and hard on behalf of working families and for core, enduring values.

These families and basic Kentucky values are endangered by Rand Paul, who wants to destroy Social Security and erode our basic Civil Rights. Paul even supports a $2000 Medicare deductible and wants a crushing 23 percent national sales tax on food, medicine, homes and everything you buy.

The stakes of this election could not be higher. Governor Beshear, Jack, and I will be traveling the state before joining President Clinton for a rally in Louisville on Monday.

Please sign up to volunteer and join President Clinton and me at a rally with Jack in Louisville.

We are fighting so hard because we have a candidate who truly understands Kentucky and its values, our Attorney General and my friend, Jack Conway.

In all my years helping lead the Democratic Party here in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, I have never seen a candidate fight harder against tougher odds than Jack.

Together, we have come so far. We are very close. And so while I know we have all been fighting hard for Jack, we need to dig deeper for the final 36 hours and push Jack over the finish line.

Please sign up to volunteer and join President Clinton and me at a rally with Jack in Louisville.

Thank you so much for your support and for making me proud to be a Kentucky Democrat.

Senator Wendell Ford

No comments: