Thursday, November 11, 2010

George Bush endorsed John McCain but really liked Barack Obama

The biggest news by far today is that George W. Bush only endorsed Senator John McCain because he had to, not because he wanted to.
"The venue was the Oval Office. A group of British dignitaries, including Gordon Brown, were paying a visit. It was at the height of the 2008 presidential election campaign, not long after Bush publicly endorsed John McCain as his successor... Trying to be even-handed and polite, the Brits said something diplomatic about McCain's campaign, expecting Bush to express some warm words of support for the Republican candidate... 'I probably won't even vote for the guy,' Bush told the group, according to two people present. 'I had to endorse him. But I'd have endorsed Obama if they'd asked me.'"
Like many Democrats across the nation, I have no words.

No comments: