Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Natalie Portman scandal

Well, not really a scandal, but it's causing an outroar in the Chasidic community. I'm not really offended by this. Okay, I'm slightly offended in the fact that it was Aki Avni and not me.

The incident occurred at the Western Wall of the Temple.
The Israeli-born 23-year-old, who may be awarded a golden statuette next Sunday for her role in the film "Closer," was on location in Jerusalem for the shooting of "Free Zone", an Israeli-directed film, Yediot Aharonot reported.

But a kissing scene with co-actor Aki Avni in a car park next to the Wailing Wall infuriated religious Jews praying at the site, who slammed the smooch as an act of "lewdness" before chasing the pair and the crew off the set.
Don't they know who she is? She's the most gorgeous Hollywood star out there! The most well-behaved! I, for one, think she deserves that Oscar come Sunday night. I'm serious when I say this: I want to star in a film with Natalie Portman, preferably a comedy. I'm off on a rant probably but it's NATALIE PORTMAN we are talking about!

No comments: