Friday, February 25, 2005

Just a kiss?

Richard "Dick" Blumenthal backs Joe Lieberman, no Senate run against him likely.
"I think Senator Lieberman has been behaving much more like a Republican than a Democrat, and I think he needs to take another look at his constituents," said Kim Hynes, a Democrat from Lieberman's childhood hometown of Stamford. "We live in a blue state and most people are opposed to the current administration."

Aides to Lieberman, who celebrated his 63rd birthday yesterday by adding another $100,000 to his campaign war chest, defended the three-term senator's record and said he is committed to representing the people of Connecticut.

"He tries to do what he thinks is right for Connecticut and the country," Lieberman spokeswoman Casey Aden-Wansbury said. "That sometimes means making decisions that others on the right and left are going to disagree with."

Key party stalwarts continue to back Lieberman, including state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy and Nancy DiNardo, chairwoman of the state Democratic Party.
I didn't like his Gonzales vote and I still back him for Senate! Happy Birthday to Senator Lieberman! I should have done that yesterday! I'm still upset about that kiss from George. I'm just grateful it wasn't me.
Among the attendees were Blumenthal and Greenwich Democratic Town Committee Chairman Jim Himes.

"He may not always be in the safest position politically, but he charts a course and he does what he thinks is right," said Blumenthal, a Greenwich resident. "I can't say I always agree with him 100 percent of the time, but I admire him tremendously and support him."

Himes also pledged his support for Lieberman.
The KY Kernal talks with Jonathan Miller. I know Jonathan Miller and that is no picture of Jonathan Miller. Looks more like Secretary of State Trey Grayson to me!

Lawmakers want their salaries set my a commission. Interesting idea but how much higher can we increase the budget without going in debt?

What was Senator Bayh doing in Illinois? "Thursday night, Bayh hosted a small, intimate bistro dinner for prospects at Brasserie Jo on Hubbard Street." I hope it went well.

Daily Kos and MyDD.com went down this morning. I nearly lost my mind...that's not cool. Addictions are bad!

No comments: