Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Kentucky Basketball, state budget

On this date in 1994, UK came back by a 31 point deficit to beat the Louisiana University State Tigers.

The University of Kentucky Wildcats are taking on the South Carolina Gamecocks as I speak. The first half reminds me of the game I attended at Rupp Arena. Kentucky finishes up the first half down one with a score of 23-22. Depressing. Very depressing.

The NHL has given their final offer to the players. Take it or the season is called off. I don't follow hockey at all.

From the Bridge mailing list:
The Kentucky State budget might be up for a vote in the General Assembly by this coming Friday or Monday...

State Senator Dan Seum introduced a bill Monday to eliminate the Air Pollution Control Board and to provide that any rules adopted by metro government be no more stringent than federal counterparts. The bill is SB 113.
Louisville Democratic Party's Communications Director Ray Crider will be undergoing back surgery next week. I send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I hope funding that helps lower college tuition is in the budget.

No comments: