Tuesday, September 13, 2005

More reviews of McCartney's Chaos and Creation in the Backyard...

Entertainment Weekly said it was good, but not great. I think it's a good album based on the samples that were playing on Sir Paul McCartney's website.
Personal to Sir Paul: When you actually do turn 64 next June 18, why not release an update of "When I'm 64"? You could call it "Now I'm 64!" and pen some wry new lyrics: "Doing a record/Digging myself/Who could ask for more?" It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, mate. Don't sleep on it.
Except Paul wants to update it by calling it "When I'm 84."
Sir Paul McCartney is considering changing the lyrics to Beatles hit When I'm 64 - because he hits the age next year (06).

The Beatle was inspired to make the change by a pianist who plays the tune at an old folks' home.

He explains, "I was on holiday and there was this lady and she said, 'I do one of your songs...When I'm 64. I hope you don't mind, I've had to rewrite it to When I'm 84 because the people don't think that 64's very old.

"I might be taking a hint from her next year."
Chris Carpenter took the mound tonight for St. Louis against Pirates pitcher Ian Snell. That magic number is 4 as of before the game. Jason Marquis starts tomorrow. In the bottom of the 6th, St. Louis leads 4-1 with home runs by Jim Edmonds and Yadier Molina.

David Ortiz has joined Yaz as the only two to have back to back 40 home run seasons in Red Sox history.

September 18, 2005 marks the 35th anniversary of the legendary guitarist known only as Jimi Hendrix.
After several years as a back-line guitarist for stars including Sam Cooke and Little Richard, Jimi Hendrix's meteoric rise to global superstardom began in London in the fall of 1966. The newly formed Jimi Hendrix Experience became an instant sensation, and the 1967 release of their astonishing debut album, the psychedelic masterpiece Are You Experienced?, broadcast Hendrix's guitar virtuosity to the world. When the Experience first played Stateside in June '67 at the Monterey International Pop Festival, the Rolling Stones' Brian Jones introduced Jimi onstage as, "the most exciting guitarist I've ever heard." David Crosby recalls, "He could play better than our best guys and he did it while he was dancing ... while being completely outrageous." Clapton has said, "I couldn't believe how good he was...It was a really difficult thing for me to deal with, but I just had to surrender and say, 'This is fantastic.'"
I'll say it again: Jimi Hendrix is one of the greatest guitarists ever to grace the planet.

Sorry, Charlie. I have to disagree.

Billboard reviews Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. I'm not sure if I mentioned that link yet.

Will Senator Bayh be the swing vote for John Roberts?

No comments: