Saturday, September 17, 2005

A friend goes overseas...

Shawn Fugate, who publishes his blog at Conservative Patriots has been asked to go back into duty. Now, I've known Shawn for less than a year. He may be a Republican but he is a friend of mine. I ask you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he goes back into the service. Here are the comments he made on his blog yesterday.
I am opposed to the war. I see no purpose for this war in Iraq. We are helping so many people and our soldiers are doing great things but it does not matter if we withdrawal now or 5 years from now, we will be in the same boat with more soldier's lives on our hands. No matter how long we stay in Iraq, the same people will go in power. We can not determine free will. We can not work with a public that opposes us as occupationalists. We don't see that but we are in their eyes occupying their nation. We are violating their liberties. I have been recalled to go to Iraq and even though I believe that this war is useless (not wrong). I will fight because I am a soldier and I volunteered 6 years ago to give my life to this country. I will fight because I will not send another man there to take my place. I will fight because we need men and women who will sacrifice their lives so that we can live and think freely. I love my country. I love my wife. I will fight for both and hopefully come back alive and unscathed. It takes men who stand up against the crowd to bring honor and pride to a country and I will do whatever necessary. Patriotism is necessary. War is necessary. I will fight so remember me and my words and do your best to keep this country as the best in the world.
I hope he gets sent back to the states soon and doesn't have to go over seas.

No comments: