Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bonus Quote of the Day

"What I'm also struck by is this big debate we have about federalism that's legitimate. But even Thomas Jefferson, who demanded that we amend the Constitution 10 times -- and he was a strict federalist and he didn't believe in big government or centralized government -- when he had the chance to buy the Louisiana Purchase, he jumped at it. Thank God.

"I have a sense that, if you were there, you wouldn't have bought it. And by that I mean this: We had a nonevacuation. Then what? Give up? That's what I feel you did.

"If there wasn't going to be an evacuation and you believed that potentially tens of thousands of people could lose their lives, I want to know what you did."
--Christopher Shays, Katrina response, September 27, 2005

No comments: