Monday, September 26, 2005

Dennis Quaid makes a good gesture

IMDB reports:
Hollywood star Dennis Quaid has vowed to contribute to the economical rebuilding of New Orleans, by making his next movie in the hurricane-ravaged Louisiana city. The Day After Tomorrow star is making his big screen directorial debut, as well as writing and performing in Shame On You, which is set to begin filming later this year. After shooting was delayed following the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina last month, Quaid has put the movie on hold and has been in talks with New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass. During a relief mission in the city on Monday, Quaid asked Compass, "Can we get in here by January 1st? If there's any way we can do it here, I want to do it here. This is the place that really needs it." Quaid explains, "I've spent about a year of my life here between the four movies I've filmed. I can't imagine how devastated people must feel." Compass has begged Quaid for a walk-on role in the musical - which also stars Katie Holmes, saying, "Get me in there, brother, even if it's as an extra."

No comments: