Sunday, September 18, 2005

Note to KDP: Get this guy a job there!

Mark Nicholas needs a job in Frankfort at Party Headquarters. This guy runs one of the best blogs in the state. He ran Ben Chandler's campaign for governor in 2003. It's sad when you read something like the next paragraph but I think that has something to do with thoughts on the idea of Jerry Lundergan as chairman.
Frankly, I cannot see why anyone would give one dollar of their money to either political party today. There is little redeeming right now about those who run either the Kentucky Democratic Party or the Kentucky Republican Party. They are void of ideas, void of ethics, void of leadership, and unworthy of our support. Instead, we ought to reward candidates who do good work, who fight the good fight, who are not so singularly obsessed with re-election that they are willing to cut a deal with Ernie Fletcher and David Williams to pass the budget that has raped the public while they tell us it was good for us.

I'm a Democrat but no longer believe in the Democratic Party of this state -- at least not those who run it in Frankfort. It has been made clear to me that they would rather I stop what I am doing. Of course, I will not.[...]

Democrats must not be afraid to tell the pompous, self-righteous, God-is-on-my-side, conservatives like Ernie Fletcher and Steve Pence that 1) they are liars 2) that they are full of shit and 3) that we're quite certain that God is not on the side of leaders (including those of our own party) who continue to bear false witness upon us over and over again. Fletcher and Pence will soon -- God-willing -- be forced from office in disgrace and we will be better people because we fought the corrupt power that they chose to wield instead of the good things that their election could have brought to this Commonwealth.

As I said in July, I will go on fighting the good fight and taking on those that have seemingly betrayed the public trust and do whatever I can to hold them accountable. I hope you will continue to be by my side as I do this -- on this site, on radio, on television, wherever people will listen.
Democrats need to get with it in this state. The party should send press releases to bloggers. Heck, I've been calling for it long enough: The party needs to start a blog!

Everyone that emails me asks if I write this for the party? No, I write it for myself out of leisure. I hope someone in the state party headquarters reads this and brings it up to Jerry Lundergan. Sure, they did a great job organizing on Saturday but this party has got to do better in the event that someone runs against Ernie in the GOP primaries. In the year and few months that I've run this, I've met some nice people, some elected officials, and many have commended me on the blog.

The party needs someone like Mark Nicholas as Executive Director if you were to ask me.

Heck, I'll admit right now that I am in the running for a position in the executive board of the Kentucky College Democrats. One of my goals, if elected, is a blog and a website.

No comments: