Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mark Cuban endorses Mayor Michael Bloomberg

He said it. He really said and he did not draw a technical foul as a result. Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban, on his blog, has endorsed New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg for President.
They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So why is it the American people allow our politicians to do the same things over and over and we believe them and expect results different from previous elections ?

I've looked at the websites of current and previous candidates to get an understanding of their platforms. They all have positions, some of which I agree with , some of which I don't. But there is one thing that is missing from each and everyone of them, any manner of implementation. Health care, spending cuts, retaining or repealing tax cuts, keeping or removing troops, the soundbites with pretty numbers never end. Not a single candidate provides details on how exactly they are going to accomplish anything. Don't they realize that economists exists to make lottery ticket buyers look smart, not presidential candidates?[...]

It also scares me that despite claims of not being an "insider" or wanting a different vision for America, every remaining candidate spends more energy campaigning to their party than to the issues. I got sick watching Clinton and Barack argue about who was less of a "Reaganite" during one of their few lively debate exchanges.[...]

So here is my hope. My hope is that the entire primary process is just the preseason. That its nothing more than an expensive introduction to the Republican and Democratic candidates and once they have picked their winner, a wealthy individual will nominate them self to compete with the 2 parties and run for President.[...]

Are you listening Mayor Bloomberg? For less than the cost of opening a tent pole movie, you can change the status quo. I'm not saying that I'm going to vote for you yet. As I said above, the devil is in the details. But, I'm betting that unlike the current choices, you recognize the difference between politics and results.

No comments: