Monday, February 04, 2008

The Subway guy...was almost right

A rundown of quotes from some Hollywood folks on the game.
"I think Giants 31, Patriots 28. Patriots are going to score; you can't stop them. But I think the Giants are going to put something together and it's going to be a crazy game." -- Jon Stewart, A Daily Show With Jon Stewart

"New England wins 19-0 to go 19-0 -- because it fits." -- Dennis Miller, comedian/radio talk show host

"I like the Miami Dolphins. They are way overdue." -- Dave Barry, author/humorist, Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Far)

"I'm picking the Giants to win by three points. My good buddy, Michael Strahan, will come up with a huge defensive stop to set up the winning field goal."
-- Jared Fogle, Subway sandwich chain spokesman


"The Giants astound the football world! Giants win! Giants win! Giants win! 31-28!" -- John C. McGinley, actor, Scrubs

"New England Patriots by a touchdown. Trust me!" -- Randy Jackson, American Idol judge

"I have got to go with the Patriots. The word Patriot is right there in their name. Same reason I support the Patriot Act. Plus, their coach wiretaps the other teams and I admire that." -- Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report
The Subway guy, who I had the chance to talk with a few weekends ago, was right...to an extent.

No comments: