Monday, February 11, 2008

Statement by Andrew Horne

This is sad news...but I am reprinting it in full. I would have to guess that Lunsford played a huge role in this but I can't really break it down more than that. It's sad, I know. I'm not going to make an immediate endorsement quite yet.

Dear Friend,
I'm writing you today with some disappointing news. This afternoon I informed Governor Steve Beshear of my decision to withdraw from the United States Senate race.

This decision was difficult for many reasons, not least because of the major challenges facing our Commonwealth and Country. Millions of Americans live without quality health care, we have shamefully disregarded the needs of our veterans, our education system is deeply flawed, and we remain embroiled in a mismanaged and ill-conceived war. Through it all, Mitch McConnell is more interested in expanding the scope of his own power than using his office to benefit the hardworking families who make our country great.

I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am for everything you have done to support me in this campaign. I won't be the Democrat challenging Mitch McConnell next November, but our work is far from done. We must continue to fight for the values that brought us together. I look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Again, thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Andrew

No comments: