Sunday, February 17, 2008

Not ready to make an endorsement...

I feel betrayed by DSCC Chairman Chuck Schumer on the withdrawal of Andrew Horne from the Senate race.

I don't know how I missed this but it is a very great read. I'll say that I am more of a moderate than a progressive...I'm still looking up the definition of progressive.

Usually, I'm one to side with the establishment on their candidate of choice. But, no, not this time. Thing is, they kicked my candidate out of the race.

I'm not ready to make an endorsement on who to support now that Horne is out of the race.

And Mitch McConnell, things won't be happy for you come May through November.
McConnell pointed to Secretary of State Trey Grayson's ability to draw 51 percent of the vote last November as "the first indication that Republicans weren't going to fold their tent or go away."
Some of us voted cross-ticket in November. That's how Trey won.

And Ron Lewis?
He also pledged to turn over "most" of his campaign war chest, which stood at more than $400,000 at the end of 2007, to the state party.
Be a better person and donate that to charity, not the state party.

As of now, I'll be more inclined to vote for Andrew Horne as his name remains on the ballot to show the DSCC how they don't respect Kentuckians the way that I thought they did. Or I could vote for Fischer. I haven't decided as to who I am going to endorse quite yet. A vote for Horne would be a protest vote against the establishment...but also a wasted vote, as I just found out.

No comments: