Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Candidacy Announcement

I intend to officially seek an elected seat to the Student Senate here at Northern Kentucky University. I've got the 50 signatures required to get my name on the ballot for the Student Government elections next month. I will file my official intent of candidacy with the Dean of Students' office later today.

As you may know, I was appointed to the senate earlier in the semester which means I have to seek an offical election to keep the seat. I'm not running for this seat as a Democrat or as a Republican, but as someone who powers the value of an education and the educational system.

Currently, the Faculty/Staff Senate has proposed a new grading policy. I am against said policy until they add an A+ to the proposed system. I will be putting the NKU Students First. I also believe that midterm grades should be available to all students, not just the freshman.

Thank you for your support and have a good day.

No comments: