Thursday, October 27, 2005

KY-3: Jack Conway for Congress 2006

Per the Bridge this morning, it looks as if Jack Conway will be in the race. I hope so. The numbers will be better this time around. Northup must be beat as she has ties to Fletcher, Delay, and Bush. Look at the voting history, Jack Conway came the closest. He can win and I know it!

I posted my unofficial endorsement over here. Now that it is looking official until he officially announces and files the paperwork, I think we can say hello to Congressman Jack Conway come 2006 (yes, this is an endorsement for Jack Conway)! Conway is a candidate that I'd describe as charismatic. I volunteered for him last time around and would do the same thing when I'm home this summer depending on 1 summer class and an internship required to graduate from NKU.

Campaign site biography from 2002:
Jack holds an undergraduate degree in public policy studies from Duke University. While in college, he studied abroad at Cambridge University in England. Jack then graduated with honors from the National Law Center at George Washington University. While in Washington, D.C., he worked in the U.S. Attorney’s office on criminal justice issues and for the House Banking Committee.[...]

During his time in Frankfort, Jack also played an important administrative role. He served as deputy chief operating officer for Kentucky State Government – a job in which he helped coordinate the activities of the 14 executive branch cabinets and provided policy direction to the state agencies that employ more than 33,000 people full time with a $12 billion budget.
Let's go Jack! I know it's not official yet but this is my official endorsement post.

No comments: