Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Statement on Jerome Armstrong's Decision Today

I was saddened today to hear that Jerome Armstrong was going to stop blogging at MyDD.com due to working for political campaigns. Jerome has done a lot of work for the blogosphere.

For a time, my blog had been serving as the Kentucky analysis for MyDD.com before that was handed over to Bluegrass Roots. I'm okay with that though as of late, I feel that there are a slew of Democratic blogs that could take care of that.
I'm not going to be posting or blogging here any longer while working campaigns. There's no upside and the downside of posting personal opinions, where it's easy to mark it as a political ploy by the opposition, is plenty. If you do see me blogging, it will be with the campaigns or committees sites or blogs I'm working.

And for the umpteenth time. None of the political consulting I do is associated with Markos, which we stopped with the end of the '04 cycle. I'm still working campaigns, with a contracting staff of usually 6 others, at least into '08. Though I thought I could personally blog my opinions while openly disclosing my work-related interests, that seems unrealistic given the competitive situation. So, see you on down the road.
Farewell, Jerome. Your presence shall be missed.

No comments: