Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Flame War

Why can't Democrats unite and not fight? Why is it that Senator Joe Lieberman is being bashed on dkos for being Jewish when none of the other Jewish senators are constantly being bashed? They refer to Senator Lieberman as the "Senator from Tel Aviv." Why is it that people in the DLC are bashed when Democrats should aim to take on the Republicans?

Why do we have a chair saying Democrats should hate Republicans when many moderates wish to find common ground? Furthurmore, Howard Dean admires Newt Gingrich. He admires Gingrich and hates Republicans? Am I missing something here? (I did not mean to criticize there if that's the impression readers got, that was more of a "questioning the authority" question)

I am pro-Israel and I believed that the security fence had to be put up to help stop the killing of innocent Jewish civilians yet I am constantly flamed as being a neo-conservative. Dr. Daniel Mongiardo and Tony Miller supported the fence as well. Are they to be considered neo-conservatives for that? Nope.

In addition, I get flamed for saying I believe in a woman's right to choose even though I myself don't believe in abortions except for rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger. It's become a wedge issue when it shouldn't be.

On the two-state solution, I will support it if it means peace. I will say this on the record: Jerusalem is a city of kings, not terrorists.

I had a test today and a paper due tomorrow followed by a quiz tomorrow night. I'm losing my sanity here and I cannot put up with the "preaching to an echo chamber on kos because that's what they are doing. They account for FIVE percent of the entire party and I assume some are independent over there.

Why anyone wants HRC for President is beyond me.

From the comments:
the folks who bash the DLC over at dailykos or sites like it have little to no bearing on the national platform. Get over it, people will fight.
Thanks for reminding me. Sorry that you had a bad day--I haven't reached that point but it's going to come. My thick Jewish skin can only go so far.

No comments: