Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Looking for good comedy

A Republican on Air America? Click here to listen to:
Al Franken and Katherine Lanpher interview a struggling Republican actress in Hollywood and try to get her a new gig. Meg Ryan and Rob Reiner guest star in this hilarious comedy skit.
Excerpts below:
RYAN: "I have been repeatedly denied parts not because of my acting skills but because of my political beliefs...blackballed in the peak of my career...I read for the part of Erin Brockovich. They gave it to the liberal and didn't want to give it to someone who holds conservative views on issues like tort reform....director said to agent in code: not right for the part, don't think she's a good fit, can't act her way out of a paper bag"

Just listen. It's a 9 minute sketch.

No comments: