Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Crowley praises Clooney?

I can honestly that Sunday was the first day that the rest of my family watched Jon Stewart. Well, anyway, George Clooney won for Best Supporting Actor and here's what Pat Crowley had to say about that:
I know Clooney is a big lib but he gave a pretty good speech, particularly when he mentioned about the black woman who was nominated for an Oscar for, I believe, Gone With the Wind, at a time when blacks had to sit in the back of theaters. I'm not usually much for actors taking a political stand, but it was a nice comment.
Well, at least he didn't thank Jack Abramoff...

I'm still recovering from the sudden passing of Kirby Puckett. It's a sad day for baseball when a great player passes away. I went to Cooperstown in 2001 and purchased the shirt with the names by either year or by position. Anyway, that was the year that Puckett was inducted. May he rest in peace. The Hall of Fame had this posted.
And to any young person out there, if anyone tells you that you can’t do what you want to do and be what you want to be. I wanted to play baseball ever since I was five years old. And I want you to remember the guiding principles of my life: You can be what you want to be. If you believe in yourself , and you work hard because anything, and I’m telling you anything is possible. It doesn’t matter if you’re 5’8" like Kirby Puckett or you’re 6’6" like my man Winnie, you can do it
Go here and help Eric Streit in his run for Congress.

Will Sasha Cohen be bound for Hollywood after her figure skating career?

Arlo Guthrie will be performing at UK this Friday.

No comments: