Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Did I just lose my mind?!?

Do my eyes decieve me? Did I just read that Andy Card has stepped down as the White House Chief of Staff?!? Never thought I'd see that happening in the second term.

Election Day 2016 will be between Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John Thune according to David Kranz of the Argus Leader. I think the 2016 candidate is likely to be the VP that we elect in 2008.

More on Andy Card...
White House Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card Jr. announced his resignation this morning after nearly 5 1/2 years as President Bush's top aide. Bush said Card will be replaced by Joshua B. Bolten, the director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Card will serve until April 14 to provide a transition period. The move could presage broader staff changes as Bolten takes over an operation hobbled by political problems heading into a crucial midterm election season.
I thought this would be longer but news has pretty much been slow today. No wait, it's because I started Redbirds Fun.

No comments: