Friday, March 24, 2006

What a great run!

Despite the unfortunate loss to the Memphis Tigers last night, Jim Les and the Bradley Braves achieved a feat that had not been accomplished for 50+ years: Bradley University in the Sweet 16.

When I was at Bradley, Tony, Cellus and Lawrence were only sophomores. And I ran into Coach Les a few times. Not intentionally though. I worked in the Athletic Department.

I'm proud of this team. They put up a great fight and did so with class. They knocked off both Kansas and Pitt. True, I would have liked to see them be the lowest seeded team to win it all after Kentucky made an early exit. That said, this Bradley team has sent a message to Jim Nantz and Billy Packer: STOP UNDERESTIMATING THE MVC AND THE MID-MAJOR PROGRAMS.

As for me, I'll be in visiting P-town in the fall for a weekend even if it means getting off the campaign trail. It's been two years (this May) since I was last on campus and I miss my Bradley University friends. It's gonna be my senior year. Bradley University will forever be apart of my life even if I was only there for a year.

Again, my sincere thanks to Coach Jim Les, and seniors Marcellus Sommerville, Lawrence Wright, and Tony Bennett.

No comments: