Friday, March 24, 2006

Non-NCAA Thread

Again, another non-NCAA thread but I'll be posting like crazy so that I don't get too backed up (and I'm talking about two blogs here).

State Representative Mike Weaver will be having a fundraiser tomorrow at Cumberland Brews with special guest Congressman Marion Berry.

Former Virginia Governor Mark Warner will be the commencement speaker at Wake Forest University on May 15th.

My good friend, Alex Saunders, has an article published in the Kentucky Kernal. It's a good article. This time of year, I am glued to my TV.

House leaders took a shot at the Senate version of the budget.

Stephen Colbert is writing a book.

I hope the race for the first district of New Hampshire doesn't get nasty but I recieved this press release:
Manchester Democratic state Rep. Peter Sullivan, who last year announced his candidacy for the 1st District U.S. House seat, has leveled a serious charge against the newcomer to the primary race, House Democratic leader Jim Craig.

Sullivan says Craig "misused" public funds by "announcing his candidacy for Congress on official, taxpayer-funded House letterhead."

Craig said he sent the letter "only to members of the caucus to tell them that I had decided to run and that they deserved to hear it from me, and that I intended to stay on as Democratic leader if they would have me. It was my duty to tell the caucus what I had decided."
Some info on the return to Peoria:
The Bradley men's basketball team is expected to arrive home a little earlier than originally announced, according to the latest information from the NCAA's travel agency. According to information provided to athletic department officials late Thursday night, the Braves are expected to arrive back in Peoria at 4 o'clock Friday afternoon.

Rather than greeting the team at the airport, fans are asked to please gather at Robertson Memorial Fieldhouse to welcome the Braves home. The Bradley pep band and cheerleaders will be traveling home with the team and the players will be able to use the Fieldhouse sound system to address the fans.
For the record, I support Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz.

No comments: