Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Michael Bloomberg OFFICIALLY has ruled out presidential run in 2008

I recieved this email a few minutes ago from Mayor Bloomberg or one of his staffers:
Thank you for your kind words - but I already have a day job, and it's the greatest job in the world!

I very much appreciate all the support I've been receiving. That said, I plan to spend the next two and a half years leading the City in the same nonpartisan way I have since the beginning of my first term; an approach which has allowed us to find common ground on tough issues and achieve real solutions. That's why I was hired, and by continuing to work together, we can make New York stronger and safer than ever.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me.

Sincerely,
Michael R. Bloomberg
Mayor
Plus, there is this New York Observer article following the conference in Oklahoma. Other conference members included:
David Boren - Former Governor and Senator of Oklahoma
Bill Brock - Former Senator of Tennessee and Secretary of Labor
Bill Cohen - Former Senator and Defense Secretary
Jack Danforth - Former Senator and U.N. Ambassador
Susan Eisenhower - Granddaughter of President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Bob Graham - Former Governor and Senator of Florida
Chuck Hagel - Former Nebraska Senator
Gary Hart - Former Colorado Senator
Jim Leach - Former Iowa Congressman and the John L. Weinberg Visiting Professor of Public and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Princeton University
Sam Nunn - Former Georgia Senator
Edward Perkins - former US ambassador to the UN
Chuck Robb - Former Governor and Senator of Virginia
Christine Todd Whitman - Former New Jersey Governor and EPA Administrator.

No comments: