Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Statement by Steve Beshear

The following is the statement released by Governor Steve Beshear on Bruce Lunsford's entry into the US Senate race.
"Last December, before any of the other Democratic candidates had decided to run, I called Bruce and asked him to consider running for the U.S. Senate. I felt that he had name recognition, the financial resources and the ability to appeal to a large cross-section of Kentuckians, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike, all of which would make him an exceptionally strong candidate. The other candidates may be able to develop those attributes, and I wish them well.

"While I am not endorsing any candidate in the Democratic Primary for the U.S. Senate at this time, I am pleased that Bruce has agreed to throw his hat into the ring."

No comments: