Thursday, January 24, 2008

This blog won't go negative

As you may very well know, the primary filing deadline is upon us next week. I want to mention a few ground rules as we go through what could very well be a nasty primary.

I believe in positive campaigns. This blog will not run any negative press release, email, ad, or youtube video in which it could possibly be percieved as negative during a primary. It's not right to give the GOP any fodder, if that is a word, for Novemnber for whoever the candidate may be come May.

I am currently supporting Andrew Horne for Senate and that is the first thing I will disclaim. Does this mean that I think negative of either Greg Fischer or Bruce Lunsford? No and no. I am just now researching where they stand on domestic and foreign policy. As for Lunsford, he asked us for our forgiveness last May. I don't know about the rest of you but I forgave him.

Since I interviewed Andrew Horne late last year, it is only fair that I do the same for both Fischer and Lunsford, should Lunsford decide to run. You may disagree there but every person is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that.

This blog will not be a tabloid for the United States Senate race. If there are issues to be discussed, they will be discussed. That's that and there's nothing more to it.

In closing, Gov. Steve Beshear was quoted as saying that he told Bruce Lunsford that he ought to consider the race. That's perfectly fine with me. Didn't a Florida columnist write that Billy Donovan ought to consider the Kentucky job?

If someone told me to consider a political race, I sure would consider it. But it doesn't mean that I would run in that race.

And now back to your regularly unprepared blogging...

No comments: