Monday, November 15, 2004

The Case against Hilary

We are ready for a female president and I could see a friend of mine being a good candidate in the future. However, the general concensus is that Sen. Hilary Clinton would be trounced in the general election. She will be seen as too liberal. Not just that, but I can never forgive her for carpetbagging. Carpetbagging is moving from one state to another just to run for office--and that's why I'm staying in KY except for when I intern or run for the Presidency--which I have said time and time again that I will.
We really need a governor or a former governor like Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana. He has the executive experience and has shown he can work in Washington with members from both parties. His dad wrote Title 9, the amendments that lowered the voting age and set the line in case the president dies. We cannot afford to be labeled as liberal any more. There is no shame in being a liberal--I'm a centrist Democrat myself but we didn't when with a "Massachusetts Liberal" this year.
It's early and no one has announced but I believe that Sen. Bayh is the man we need in the White House--and that's why I endorse him and hope to intern for him this summer (well, out of the three I am applying for, he's my top choice).

No comments: