Tuesday, November 23, 2004

A wake-up call that should not go unnoticed

I was sent this email in reply to a happy Thanksgiving email:
I fully share your sentiments and will forever be a Democrat. There is an alarming piece of information I received today, from students in my PSC 103 International Politics, and PSC 366 Government/Politics in Africa classs, that I think all of you should know about. I was made to understand That the College Republicans is telling students not to take my classes, that I am "liberal", "far left", "anti- American", and "very hard". The last of the classifications "too Hard", I proudly embrace because it means that my classes are not the ones that students can sit and do nothing and get a grade. The classifications, I strongly object to strongly, in that I do not believe any professor should be targeted based on lies and a refusal on the part of any group to think critically.
I deleted all the names to remove those that are affected. The College Dems faculty advisor is being targeted.

I am proud to be a Democrat. I've never been more thankful to be one in my life. I don't like being labeled any of those as much as you. The College Republicans are being unfair and going to far with this.

The Bible (at least the Torah) teaches social justice. It tells us not to exploit the poor. The golden rule: Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

The Kentucky Democrat

No comments: