Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Dan Rather to step down

The AP is reporting, and CBS confirms that Dan Rather will step down as CBS News Anchor on March 24th.

Dan Rather's statement on stepping down:
I have been lucky and blessed over these years to have what is, to me, the best job in the world and to have it at CBS News. Along the way, I've had the honor of working with some of the most talented, dedicated professionals in the world, and I'm appreciative of the opportunity to continue doing so in the years ahead.
Rather will still continue work with CBS News as a correspondent for both editions of 60 Minutes,not to mention some other assignments for the news division.

With Tommy Brokaw stepping down on December 1st or 2nd, you can bet that Peter Jennings is the next to go within the year. I've always been a Brokaw fan myself though I'll never forget seeing Dan Rather break down on Letterman following those horrible attacks on the WTC and Pentagon.

I will be on a short hiatus with the Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: