Tuesday, November 30, 2004

President Bill Clinton on Evan Bayh

I was doing a yahoo search a minute or so ago for "Evan Bayh for
President and ran across this link.


In that, President Clinton remarks the following:
And I want to thank, in his absence, Senator Bayh. Evan met me at the door and he said Susan was out of town and he had two choices -- he could stay and here me give this speech, or he could go home and tuck his kids in bed. And I said, you've heard the speech -- (laughter) -- and you'll never regret a minute you stay with your children. My daughter is about to be a senior in college and I can still remember all the nights I tucked her in bed, and she can remember anything she ever did that I missed. (Laughter.) Even though she can count them on one hand and have fingers left over, at 20 years old she can still remember.

So he went home, as he should have. And since he's not here, I won't be embarrassing him when I tell you that I hope and expect some day I'll be voting for Evan Bayh for President of the United States. (Applause.)


He'll be voting for Bayh in 2008!

I also discovered an unofficial Bayh 2008 site.

No comments: