Friday, November 12, 2004

Veteran's Day Statement

Today, we observe Veteran's Day. It is a time to thank all those who have served our country in the armed forces. My grandfathers both served this fine country we call America during World War 2.

Regardless of whether one supports this war for oil or not, we should all support the troops. I support the troops even though I am against the war.

I went to the NKU Veteran's Day celebration today in which members of the Sons of the American Legion#275 were in attendence. Congressman Ken Lucas delivered the keynote address. I spoke with him and mentioned speaking to the College Dems after his term expires. I mentioned that I have seen him more times than I have seen my own representative in Congress.

Good news academically. I might be able to recieve credit for interning in DC even if I do not go through the Washington Center program. How cool is that?

Kentucky does not start the official basketball season until the 20th when they take on Coppin State. Should be an easy victory next week

No comments: