Saturday, November 27, 2004

Follow up to "A Bigot on Politics1.com"

Since KY Republican replied to my comments, I replied to hers with the following.

She said:
You really think that being Gore's campaign chair is something to be proud of Kentucky? You don't think that Mitch McConnell will hang that around his neck if he ever runs for statwide office again? Jonathon Miller is nothing but a spoiled rich kid that got lucky in the 1999 Treasurer primary and faced no opposition in the fall that year. He also got lucky that a weak Republican opponent ran against him in 2003. He's Jewish. He's Liberal. He's history in Kentucky.
It's Republicans like these that say things without thinking. Not just that but her spelling shows that she can't spell elected officials.

Evan the Awesome Liberal said:

Kentucky Dem, is that your personal site? Those are pretty strong endoresments of Bayh... state parties don't usually endorse candidates like that do they?

I personally would have a tough time supporting Bayh at the top of a ticket, as Veep I guess...
I personally am flattered by these remarks. I mean, why would I give a strong endorsement of Sen. Evan Bayh if I represented the KDP?

I replied to them both with:
Evan,
Yes, that is my personal blog and not that of the Kentucky Democratic Party. Forgive me for not replying sooner as I was observing Shabbat.

KY GOP:
I'm going to be as civil as I possibly can with you. He was Gore's Vice-Chair in KY as Charlie Owen was the KY Chairman. Look up the facts before you attack someone. Do you see me attacking you? No, I am debunking everything you say. Jonathan is not a spoiled rich kid. Your out-of-nowhere attack on his mother was uncalled for.

You know you did not read what I said. Jonathan is in the DLC. The DLC tend to be in the center. So does that make Rudy Guiliani (cheated on his wife), George Pataki (too liberal in the GOP) and Arnold (too liberal) liberal enough to win in KY?

Jonathan is not history. My gut says that he will be the next Governor in KY and maybe a Senator by 2010.

Before you attack someone as well as their family (for all I know, you could be Alan Keyes), you say you are in the GOP and claim that to be the party of family and religious values. Guess what? Attacking someone's integrity and their family is not a family value. Exploiting the poor is social injustice and that is not a religious value (per the Tanakh).

I can go on and on but a good friend of mine says "one of the prerequisites of being a public servant these days is developing a thick skin to withstand silly attacks like this."
For the love of G-d, I hope I don't have to debunk another statement of hers.

Thanksgiving was good. I'll be back to a regular blogging schedule on Sunday.

No comments: