Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Official Statement

Hours after State Treasurer Jonathan Miller let it be known that he was running for Governor, we learned that Sen. Bayh would be dropping out of the race. I say that without having any prior knowledge and that the three million emails I got today were definitely a shock to me.

The depression has started to sink in because I was ready to work my butt off for the Senator with the hope and dream that he would become President of the United States on January 20, 2009.

Currently, I am shocked and saddened by this news. I guess it's best for the Senator that he continues to work in the Senate.

I'm going to wait and see how the field plays out before making another presidential endorsement. I will say that I want a candidate with BOTH executive experience AND foreign policy experience. As of now, that potential candidate would be Vice President Al Gore who has yet to rule out a run. While Gen. Wes Clark has the national security experience, he's not yet served office with executive experience. Edwards has the name recognition but limited foreign policy experience. While he has been elected in a red state, I don't know how well he would play nationally.

I was hoping to be there in January when Bayh made it official. In the meantime, I am going to do everything for Jonathan Miller to become the next Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and see how things play from there.

I'd like to take this time to thank everyone from the All America PAC, the Evan Bayh in 2008 yahoo group, and everyone that has helped to encourage the Senator to run in 2008. While this may not have been the desired outcome that we would have liked, our thoughts our with the Senator.

No comments: