Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Paul Newman will not run

Newman dismisses rumors:
The robustly liberal actor dismisses Internet rumours he plans to run against Connecticut's conservative Democratic senator, Joe Lieberman.

"It'd be lunatic to try to get into politics at my age. I don't think I'd have the stomach for it."

But he says he is worried by the policies of the Bush administration.

"I wish I felt a little more comfortable about the direction that we're going," Newman said carefully. "It does not seem to be of the people, by the people and for the people. It seems to be about something else completely different.

"I think part of it is the media's fault for not being more aggressive and persistent and nasty and I think it's the people's fault for not paying attention.

"That's not a good combination. It allows people in government to do pretty much what they want."

No comments: