Wednesday, March 16, 2005

UTEP because of Hatch?

Like I said before, my comedy goes both ways. Ben Picks UTEP over Utah because of Utah Senator Orrin Hatch
As another example of how the Divining Variables might come into play: UTEP (11) v. Utah (6). Both teams begin with "Ut" and have two syllables. They play five men at a time. That's the extent of my knowledge of these two teams. So, how do you decide? Using the intuitive matrix I've described, you choose based on your associations about the two teams. I don't know anything about UTEP. I don't even know where they're from. But, I know that Utah is from Utah. You know who else is from Utah? Orrin Hatch. UTEP wins.
Uh, I don't know where to begin on this one. First, UTEP does not start with Ut, as UTEP is an acronym. UTEP actually begins with University as the full name is University of Texas at El Paso. Another thing, keep political affiliations out of March Madness, otherwise the Republicans would want Coach Pitino to resign as Head Coach. This is Kentucky where basketball is, how can I put it, LIFE!

Also, Florida is a 4 seed but since 2000, Billy Donovan has never done well in post-season play.

No comments: