Monday, January 30, 2006

KY-3: Yarmuth IS IN

We will have a primary between Col. Andrew Horne and John Yarmuth. It has been in a while since we've had a primary but it will be a spirited campaign, I'm sure. There is actually a third candidate, Burrel Farnsley, I think, but I don't know if that person has a legitimate chance.

According to the Bluegrass Report, Yarmuth is definitely in.
Just got off the phone with LEO founder and former publisher John Yarmuth (D) and he decided that he's in and filing his candidacy papers tomorrow to take on Rep. Anne Northup (R)! Folks, we got ourselves another race.
I am in the process of trying to arrange another blog interview, this one with John Yarmuth.

Many people have asked me who I support. I'm waiting til tomorrow's filing deadline to officially make an endorsement.

I do have a statement from Dan Borsch:
After taking a hard look at the race, I am not going to run this time. I am going to dedicate my energies to helping elect John and to strengthening the Democratic Party. I am quite confident that John is the best candidate and that he will finally hold Northup accountable for her votes in Washington. Thank you very much for your support of my campaign, it means a great deal that you were willing to support me. Hopefully someday soon you will have an opportunity to start another Draft Dan site!!!

Thanks!!!
For what it's worth, rather than decide tomorrow, I'll give you my endorsement right now: John Yarmuth!

No comments: