Monday, January 30, 2006

Other news this afternoon...

Honest Reporting is the Israeli site similar to Media Matters. HR commended the AP and Reuters for getting the facts right this time. They note that the Guardian took a different approach.

I might have an interview posted today or tomorrow with a writer from Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Hamas wants foreign aid to not be affected by their win? I'm sorry but America doesn't give aid to terrorists.
The Bush administration has called for aid to the Palestinian Authority to be halted until Hamas revokes its charter calling for Israel’s destruction and renounces violence.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who is visiting Israel, said the European Union should follow suit.
I commend the President and the German Chancellor. I believe that the EU shouldn't give aid either.

Like I just said, we don't deal with terrorists or terrorist governments. I choose no deal. We aren't pulling out so deal with it.

Kudos to filmmaker Steven Spielberg with regards to Munich.
Speaking as part of a roundtable in the latest Newsweek magazine, Spielberg said criticism leveled at him and screenwriter Tony Kushner over the depiction of Israel’s hunt for the Palestinian masterminds of the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre is unfair. Some American Jews, he said, "have grown very angry at me for allowing the Palestinians simply to have dialogue and for allowing Tony Kushner to be the author of that dialogue. Munich never once attacks Israel, and barely criticizes Israel’s policy of counterviolence against violence," he said. "It’s the most questioning story I’ve ever had the honor to tell. For that, we were accused of the sin of moral equivocation. Which, of course, we didn’t intend — and we’re not guilty of."

The controversy, Spielberg added, "made me feel a little more aware of the dogma, and the Luddite position people take any time the Middle East is up for discussion."
I never saw any criticism of Israel when I saw Munich at the start of the year.

No comments: