Monday, March 07, 2005

Thank you, Jon Stewart

An Open Letter to Jon Stewart:

March 7, 2005

Dear Jon Stewart,
I just finished reading your epic novel, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction. What can I say about it? I don't know how much I can say without mentioning what takes place on page 99. Page 99 is the best page in the book, as Rob Smigel's Triumph would say, for me to crap on!

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction taught me better than my Advanced Placement classes at Ballard High School did combined. Who would have thought that this country was founded with the intent to have white males or white males with property vote?

I found your book very hilarious and even with the foul language, I couldn't put it down. I nominate this book for Book of the Year. If TIME had an Author of the Year, I would nominate you! Why? You give us the news with some lampooning. I'm just getting started out in the business of lampooning. Okay, I've been doing it for almost two years now. Fine! It's a bit over a year and eight months.

The way the transitions were made and those games, man, oh man, they had me up all night!

Sincerely,
Daniel S.

PS: Jon, you'll have company once my stand-up comedy routines hit it big and you've inspired by research paper as well as a late night comedy show I hope to pitch to the student network this fall on campus.

No comments: