Thursday, January 05, 2006

Longtime CSN manager Gerry Tolman killed

Gerry Tolman, the longtime manager of Crosby, Stills, and Nash has died in a car crash. He was 52.
Tolman had managed artists under the aegis of his personal management entertainment firm Management Network, Inc. since 1985. In addition to collectively managing Crosby, Stills & Nash (whom he first started working with when he was with their previous management company), Mr. Tolman also managed the solo careers of group members Stephen Stills -- since '85 -- and, since 1989, Graham Nash.
Nash, reached at his home in Hawaii, said, "My heart is broken about the untimely death of my dear friend. I am so sad. He was a great, sensitive, caring and funny man. I will miss him for the rest of my life." Speaking from his home in central California, David Crosby commented, "Gerry was a good friend and he worked diligently and did a great job at managing Crosby, Stills & Nash. He was a part of this family for many years. We'll miss him. My heart goes out to his family." Stephen Stills added, "Gerry was my rock, my protector and my best friend. He helped me do my art without being distracted by the slings and arrows of our crazy and wonderful business. I doubt I will meet his like again. I offer my condolences to his family and his friends, who number in the hundreds. I believe that ultimately, this will pull us all together."[...]

Gerry Tolman is survived by his parents Tom and Marie Tolman, two brothers, Thomas Tolman and Timothy Tolman, a sister, Traci Marie Mars, and children Jennifer and Jonathan. Information on a memorial service will be announced shortly. In lieu of flowers, the Tolman family has designated The International House of Blues Foundation, 6255 Sunset Blvd., 18th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90028 to receive donations in the name of Gerry Tolman.

No comments: