Friday, January 21, 2005

Advice for New Bloggers

Byron was referring to me in this blog entry.
The best way to get noticed is break a big story and get lots of linkage. That doesn't happen too often, so most of us have to resort to other methods. As for building traffic, the best way to get noticed is to post a lot (hopefully with your own thoughts, not just rehashing those of others), comment a lot on other blogs, and post on other people's posts, and ping them in trackbacks. People won't just magically come to you, but if you make yourself known on other blogs, you'll see some inquiring minds wander over. If they like the content, they'll stay and come back.
That said, I have work to do and I'm thinking of something I want to break here from a lot of things I've heard off the record.

No comments: