Tuesday, January 25, 2005

EVAN BAYH WILL VOTE NO ON RICE

Maybe he does read this blog? The AP via Yahoo reports that Democrats are taking a charge.
On what was shaping up as a long day for the nominee and the president who promoted her to chief U.S. diplomat, Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN) said "we have a moral obligation to provide better leadership."

"Those in charge must be held accountable for mistakes," Bayh said, even while saying the administration was attempting to do the right thing in Iraq.
In other news, Natalie Portman has been nominated for a Best-Supporting Actress Oscar. She's going to win! Her statement:
This is, like, crazy. My mom called and said, ‘I’m so proud of you. I can’t believe it,’ I ask, how did I get so lucky to have an amazing experience – have a film I’m really proud of – and then also get recognised by our own community?
Joe Lieberman is not voting the way that I would have preferred.
"I've always believed that our responsibility to advise and consent does not mean that we have to agree with every opinion or every action that the nominee has ever taken," Lieberman said in his opening remarks.

"Our responsibility is to determine whether the nominee is fit for the position ... and whether the nominee, in our judgment, will serve in the national interest. And of course I conclude that Dr. Condoleezza Rice meets that standard at least and much more."
Jay Leno paid tribute last night on the Tonight Show to Johnny Carson.

No comments: