Monday, January 31, 2005

Gov. Howard Dean on Republicans

This is not the way I want my party run. I believe in a big tent. I want to find common ground with Republicans. I disagree politically with them but, in the end, we are still Americans and need to get along together. This was in the New York Daily News:
"I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for, but I admire their discipline and their organization," the failed presidential hopeful told the crowd at the Roosevelt Hotel, where he and six other candidates spoke at the final DNC forum before the Feb. 12 vote for chairman.

But Dean said the Democrats should not change their beliefs to be "Republican lite."
I am a moderate-to-liberal Democrat and I paid my $25 to the DLC. However, I hate being labeled Republican-lite. Just the other day, I was labeled a neo-conservative for being pro-Israel. Do you not see what Bush is doing? Because he supports Israel, I get labeled a neo-conservative?!? That's not fair to me and any other Jewish Democrat.

No comments: