Friday, January 21, 2005

From the Courier-Journal

The following was published in the Courier-Journal today:
`Voted against Lundergan'...

The criticism of the Kentucky Democratic Party on the selection of Jerry Lundergan as state chairman is understood and justified. However, it should be pointed out that 18 members of the committee voted against Lundergan and 24 voted for him. Those 24 votes are not even a majority of the committee ifall members were present and voting.

I was one of the 18 "nay" votes and deeply regret that the party is now going through this widespread criticism. I would hope that the questions regarding the wisdom of the choice of Lundergan be specifically directed at the 24 "yea" votes.

GEORGE BLACKBURN
Kentucky Democrat
State Central Committee
State at Large Member
I bolded what I though was important. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Why were they not there?

No comments: