Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Latest Controversy

My opinion on the recent news. All in all, there is a seperation of religion and state. There are going to be people excluded if only one version is posted. I'm a religious person and I believe the Ten Commandments should not be posted on government property. Like I said last year, I have a major problem. Which version? It makes no sense to repeat myself.

Guess who was named the DLC Democrat of the Week? Jonathan Miller, the Kentucky State Treasurer. Mazel Tov, Jonathan!

Senator Tom Daschle speaks out on the recent spying.
Even with some of the more troublesome - and potentially illegal - details omitted, I still raised significant concern about these actions. As such, I am surprised and disappointed that the White House would now suggest that none of us informed of the program objected.

As a result of the significant legal and security concerns raised by the President's actions, I believe it is incumbent on the President to explain the specific legal justification for his actions, for the Congress to fully investigate these actions, and for the Administration to fully cooperate with that investigation.
Jason Jones interviewed Illinois State Rep. Ron Stephens over the emergency contraceptive pill. Jason said it was a staring contest.
"This is my kudos to you: No one has ever broken me before, but you broke me," Jones said to Stephens after the interview.

If the mood was light-hearted, the Greenville Republican said his message is serious. He's in favor of allowing Illinois' 10,000 licensed pharmacists to choose individually whether to fill prescriptions for Plan B, commonly called the morning-after pill.[...]

Stephens said he's aware that "The Daily Show" is a humor program, given to editing interviews so that serious answers can be played for laughs.

"The purpose of this was to prove to the world that I don't take myself too seriously," Stephens said. "I take my job seriously, but not myself."

No comments: