Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Tom Delay Factor?

I found this in Political Wire. I've been saying all along that Congresswoman Anne Northup is very vulnerable and I'm guessing that she was one of the members who is alarmed with the GOP's potential struggles. The polling was done by GOP media strategist Patrick Hynes.
According to the polling: "No fewer than four Republican members of Congress in 'vulnerable' seats have received recent internal polling data that shows 'a Tom DeLay effect' that appears to give 'any Democrat' on the ballot question an average of 10 percentage points against the incumbent."

Hynes also reports "these polls came up at a recent House Republican Conference meeting, with a number of members expressing serious alarm about the GOP’s prospects in 2006."
I originally reported that, based on comments, an announcement would be made prior to the holidays. However, an anonymous source has told me that it will be more likely to be afterwards.

No comments: