Monday, January 02, 2006

King Kong

I just got back from seeing King Kong. It was a great movie, a bit on the long side. I think that the studio would have been better off cutting some scenes. I need to see the original though before I try any comparisons.

In other news, The Nation believes that the Onion has accurate coverage of the Iraqi conflict.
Sometimes, only The Onion gets it right.

The satirical weekly, which does for print journalism what Comedy Central's The Daily Show does for cable news, finished off 2005 with a headline that summed up the unspoken reality of last year's media coverage of the debate about the Iraq War.
Uh, on the contrary, Larry David did not die for our sins. I will say this about Jewish humor. When it comes to self-degrading humor, that's a different story. I can do religious jokes about Judaism and get away with it because I'm Jewish but Jay Leno or David Letterman could not.

Recapping one of Mitch Daniels' worst moves in his first year of office...

The president defends domestic spying as necessary. On the contrary, cancelling Martha's Apprentice was necessary.

My generation may prefer not respecting copyrights but while I do not download, it's caused "classic rock's resurgence, as the oldies are now a mere mouse-click away."

Campus Ladies is from a Groundlings sketch and can be seen on Oxygen.

David Javerbaum is writing another musical. His next one is about James Watt.

No comments: