Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jenna Bush might vote for Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton over John McCain?

At which point, we all just took the bus to crazy town...

The following is a transcript from last night's airing of Larry King Live.
KING: Laura, has it been difficult putting up with all the flack that your husband has taken? And, you know, low polls, is it tough for you emotionally?

L. BUSH: Well, in some ways, of course, because I want George to be popular. But on the other hand, I know that he does what he thinks is right for our country and that he doesn't think he should try to be popular, that that's the easy way out.

But I also know -- and I've been watching the campaign, just like everybody else has, and it's been great theater -- that he takes a huge pounding from the other candidates, not all of them, not my candidate, John McCain, but I think that is -- that's demoralizing to me. I don't like that.

And for people who are running for this very office, I think it's sort of a good thing for them to think about --

KING: You don't like the way the Clinton-Obama campaign has been run, you mean?

L. BUSH: No, no, the way they talk about the president.

KING: Oh.

L. BUSH: For somebody who wants to be the president, I think maybe it's a good idea not to talk about the president that way. But anyway, that's my advice to them.

KING: Do you watch that race? Did you watch the Pennsylvania results yesterday?

L. BUSH: Sure, last night, we had book events and we came home late and turned on the television. We were in New York last night to see who had won. I mean, I don't watch a lot of it, but whenever I have a chance I'll turn it on and see what's happening.

KING: Do you have a favorite between the two, the two Democrats?

L. BUSH: My favorite is the Republican.

(LAUGHTER)

KING: Yours, too, I would imagine.

J. BUSH: I don't know.

KING: A-ha. J. BUSH: But, I mean, you know --

KING: Are you open to --

J. BUSH: Yes, of course. I mean, who isn't open to learning about the candidates? But, I mean, and I'm sure everybody is like that. But I really -- I honestly have been too busy with books to really pay that much attention.[...]

No comments: