Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Williams criticized for sporting Kansas sticker

Can someone please tell me why people are debating over North Carolina coach Roy Williams' decision to wear a Kansas sticker last night? It's a non-issue to me. Roy Williams served as a Kansas coach for over a decade and he owes it to his former players to root for Kansas last night.

I read this first. Don't know why this person didn't watch the game but why is wearing a Kansas sticker worth debating.

Some tidbits:
North Carolina coach Roy Williams sat about 10 rows behind KU’s bench with his wife, Wanda, and daughter Kimberly. The former KU coach was wearing a black shirt with a big Jayhawk sticker on it. UNC assistant Joe Holladay, a former KU aide, also was in the area.

Other former KU head coaches in the KU section were Larry Brown and Ted Owens. In other words, all of KU’s former head coaches who are alive attended the title game.
Here's a quote from Williams.
I've got at least nine former (KU) players here pulling for their school. Even if I hadn't given them 15 years, with those relationships, I'm pulling for the Jayhawks.

No comments: