Monday, April 07, 2008

Keightley's Korner?

I was reading Jerry Tipton's column and I think that this is a very fitting tribute to the longtime equipment manager.
A Ledford-like laurel. The dedication of a portion of the court to the late, great Cawood Ledford inspired Greg Wilder, a security guard at Rupp Arena. That's the designation of "Cawood's Court" near the spot Ledford sat as he made the play-by-play radio call.

"I would very much like to see the area of the Wildcat bench where Mr. Keightley sat to be made into 'Keightley's Korner,' " Wilder wrote in an e-mail message. "After all, he sat here in this corner for many, many years. It will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be Mr. Keightley's corner.

"I only knew him from my work at Rupp during the UK practices and games, but I can tell you that he was one of the most kind, considerate and gentle human beings that God ever put on this earth."
This was, the tributes to Coach Rupp, Cawood Ledford, and Bill Keightley would all be remembered at the same venue.

No comments: